Makes : 12 apples
- 12 Macintosh or Granny Smith apples
- 12 wooden sticks
- 75g chopped roasted peanuts
- 75g Smarties
- 1kg plain chocolate, chopped
Prep:5min › Cook:5min › Extra time:30min › Ready in:40min
- Insert the wooden sticks into the cores of the apples at the stem. Place the roasted peanuts and Smarties on separate plates. Set aside.
- Place the chocolate into a metal or glass bowl and set over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir frequently until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Dip apples into the melted chocolate, turning to coat completely. Dip or roll in the Smarties and nuts, then place on a sheet of greaseproof paper. Repeat with remaining apples.
- Allow apples to set at room temperature until the chocolate is firm, about 20 minutes, before serving.