Serves : 6 portions
- 250g plain flour
- 125g salted butter,
- 4 tablespoons soften water
- 6 Empire apples, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
Prep:30min › Cook:30min › Ready in:1hr
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add enough water to make a firm dough. Wrap the pastry in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator while you prepare the apples.
- Preheat the oven to 220 C /428 F
- Roll out the pastry between two sheets of baking parchment. Using a knife, cut a circle to fit the tart tin, and line the tart tin with the shortcrust.
- Place the apple slices into the pastry case in an overlapping spiral beginning at the outer edge and ending in the centre. Sprinkle with the caster sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the pastry is golden and the apples are soft, about 30 minutes.