Serves : 12 portions
- 500g Northern Spy apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 50g sugar mixed with a little ground cinnamon
For the Batter
- 80g butter, softened
- 160g caster sugar
- 1 organic lemon, zest grated
- 2 eggs
- 100g cornflour
- 100g plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 125ml milk
Prep:25min › Cook:45min › Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:1hr20min
- Layer apples in the bottom of a round silicone cake tin (or a spring form tin lined with foil).
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the apples and set aside for a few minutes.
- Preheat oven to 160 C / Gas 2 1/2.
- Mix all the batter ingredients together and use to cover the apples. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let cool in tin for 10 minutes, then invert cake and remove tin.