Makes : 15 toffee apples
- 15 Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apples
- 400g caster sugar
- 350g golden syrup
- 350ml water
- 8 drops red food colouring (optional)
- lollipop sticks
Prep:10min › Cook:30min › Ready in:40min
- Lightly grease a few baking trays. Insert lollipop sticks into the whole, stemmed apples.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, golden syrup and water. Heat to 149 to 154 degrees C or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in food colouring.
- Holding the apple by its stick, dip in syrup and remove and turn to coat evenly. Place on prepared trays to harden.