Makes : 12 muffins
- 255g (9 oz) plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 60g (2 oz) butter
- 225ml (8 fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 110g (4 oz) Golden Delicious apple – peeled, cored and chopped
Prep:10min › Cook:20min › Ready in:30min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 392 F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with paper muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Stir the flour mixture into the sugar mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the fruit. Pour batter into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.